British Royal Horse Artillery
19½ x 14 inches
A set of 4 lithographs with original hand colour; drawn on stone by Heath and printed by Graf and Soret. They were published in London by Colnaghi circa 1835.
The Royal Horse Artillery were formed by The Duke of Richmond at Goodwood in January 1793 to give support to the cavalry fighting in the French Revolutionary Wars. By 1808 there were 11 distinctive troops. All the soldiers were mounted and each troop had charge of their own canons. The uniform, as seen in these prints, was blue and gold with red facings and a Tarleton helmet.
£1600 Set of 4Framed